Saturday, February 4, 2012

Grad School:They Want Me, They Want Me Not...

Have you ever been asked that question..."So why is it that I want to be a librarian?" or "Why do you want to work in a library?"..... People ask me questions like this all the time! The simple response is that I like having the answers to the random mystifying questions that I am asked at my fingertips. I can reach behind me, using my trust worthy ready reference on deck, and literally look up information about killer whales, or like today, teach a young man how to use the library's OPAC. Call me a geek, but I like helping people and myself seek/find answers to their questions and get into new topics/ideas. Everyday is different, although I do have my groundhog library worker days- I just love libraries! Confirming my passion for our esteemed lib-spaces, I just applied to Graduate School. That's right, I am ready to take that next step and actually become an MLIS.

No comments: