Monday, May 23, 2011

PCC and the Library Technology Certificate Program

Pasadena City College offers great training and skills certificates. After not getting into UCLA's MLIS program and San Jose State's online program, I decided to further my library knowledge by taking classes offered by PCC under the Library Technical Certificate. What is great about this program is that it offers people who have little to no experience the opportunity to be competitive with the lifers who serve as our dedicated clerks and paiges.

Shatford Library @ Pasadena City College
As of today, I have taken LIB 1, LIB 10A, LIB 102, and currently I am taking LIB 103. From a student perspective I can honestly comment that  I have enjoyed taking all my classes in the library. Some of the information can be repetitive, but overall I have learned great search techniques and the majority of the librarians rock!!!!! For those people like me trying to get into any type of library-- take the certificate! I have met many dedicated students, great librarians, and skills that have sparked the beginning of my journey to librarianship. 

No comments: